Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Nha Trang

But I just got back from Nha Trang!Hi!

I went to Nha Trang to celebrate my birthday and had a great time. I took a over night train from Saigon to Nha Trang. It's located in the middle of Vietnam and its the most extensive beach line in the country. I decided to rent a motorbike and take a look at the mainland. There is a island you can visit there too. But i had to learn how to ride a motorbike with gears, so i gave it a shot. It's not to hard, except I ran out of gas in the middle of a busy market! haahh. wopse. But it's nice, i drove up the coast line, and then went to the mudbath. You can see it above. There i meet some students from London. It's always a interesting conversation with them, they keep me on my toes. ahha. It's really hard to find anyone my age actually staying in Vietnam. They usually are from Europe making their way through SE Asia. I invitied Josh and the rest of them to celebrate my birthday at a beach bar. It was really funny because we went to dinner, but we ordered bottles of wine, and pitchers of beer until no one actually ate anything. Then we left to the beach, and hit the "sailing club" or maybe it was "sailers club" but anyways we had some drinks on the beach. It was a really special time!


These are a couple more pictures from Mũi Né, except the one right below is on the way to Mekong Delta from Saigon at a restaurant!
Ms. Lan, and my suprise new baby! haha. My Holcim friends will know this one.


How peaceful, and literally hidden in Vietnam!






No comments: