Monday, June 16, 2008

New friends, and new happyness

Khai(me), Hanh, Jennifer, and Thuy Anh! Khuon, Viet Nhan, Khai, Hanh, Thuy Anh, and Nam

Hon Chong, right before a company presentation


Everyone at a Pagoda.
Khai, Nam Le, Lan X, Heru, Khuon

Im starting to really get beyond confortable here in HCMC. I love it here! Thuy Anh has been become a good friend, and I went with her college buddies to Mekong Delta. We rode ostridges and feed crocodiles! I had a memorable time. Later I got a ride from someone, to have dinner with Thuy Anh and Jennifer. We invitied him to eat with us. Hes also 20, so we exchanged numbers and said we will meet for coffee thursday. I also meet two of Anhs friends, Honey, and Blakke. hahah. Because I have a Vietnamese name, they said they would like to have a American name!, who are pretty funny. And my age. We will call eachother soon. I am also planning to travel with the head office employees to
Mui Ne in a resort next friday through sunday. I've also decided to teach english outside of work for more money, So im meeting some people and the teacher tuesday night for coffee to discuss! good bye

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like your having a good time in these photos. How is Vietnam?

Lindy said...

I love the pics, especially with you in them! You have been gone for six weeks now, the time must be flying by for you. Only about eight more weeks to go? So much to do so much to see. You said you had gone to Hon Chong, I read in lonely planet that this secluded village beach resort has the most scenic stretch of coastline on the Mekong Delta mainland and is seldom visited by foreign travellers. The big attractions are Chua Hange Grooto, Duong Beach and Nghe Island, with breathtaking landscape? Did you see the Father and Son Isle (hon Phu Tu), it is said to be shaped like a thater embracing his son?

Lindy said...

Mue Ne for a team building day...sounds like fun. Sounds like Holcim is big into team building? Mue Ne is famous for its enormous sand dunes and the Suoi Tien (Fairy Spring)and lakes. Apparantely the sand dunes help protect Mue Ne's unique micro-climate.Lot's of beach bars....have fun. Lindy

Kyle said...

Yes to everything! Hon Chong is very seldom visited, the people are secluded, and as you can see the children are happy to say "hello" to expats. I even had a "jamming" session with about ten kids in a garage. we used tires, pots, dogs, etc!

I did see the hon Phu Tu (father son isle)

There is much to see, I traveled to three pagodas in Hon Chong, one on a beach, one on a mountain, and a special third in a cave. I also visited a ocean side market there. I had to skip sea kayaking, as I had a sun burn.

Actually Mue Ne was a company retreat. I liked the beach bars the most. It's any college students tropical dream, with a great mix of music, white sand, a beach fire, and the best of all, great friends! But it's not the typical tropical I'm used to. There is a history here in Vietnam that makes it culturally unique. There is not as much tourism in Vietnam, as maybe Tailand. So, the experiences are unique. I think I could retire to the ocean here in Vietnam.